The Wild Society
Our mission is to (re)connect Philadelphia’s diverse, emerging leaders with the Philadelphia Zoo to advocate on behalf of animals and habitats, and ensure a bright future for our Zoo through time, philanthropy and volunteerism.
The Wild Society is a group of 25-45 year old engaged citizens in the Philadelphia region who are committed to supporting the Philadelphia Zoo’s mission to connect people with animals, and inspire action for wildlife and habitats. Wild Society members serve the Philadelphia Zoo and the community through time, advocacy and philanthropy.
Members of the Wild Society are among the region’s most passionate and ambitious citizens, devoted to bestowing their drive and talent into service to benefit wildlife and conservation at Philadelphia Zoo and around the world. Wild Society gathers a diverse group of people to join forces and help create a better Philadelphia. Committed to the environment, education and conservation, the Wild Society collaborates for the betterment of the Zoo’s future.
The Wild Society is active on social media, meets quarterly, and engages in various volunteer and philanthropic opportunities throughout the year. In addition to regular meetings, the Wild Society hosts networking receptions to expand the footprint of the group and create opportunities for Wild Society members to fulfill their role as Philadelphia Zoo ambassadors.
In order to participate in the Wild Society, individuals are asked to make a minimum $300 annual philanthropic contribution to the Zoo. Individuals who also wish to participate in the Philadelphia Zoo Global Conservation Gala are asked to make a minimum donation of $450 annually which includes one Gala ticket. Additional Wild Society tickets are available for $200 per person. (Limit 2 Tickets per household)
Your affiliation with the Wild Society provides access to the following exclusive benefits:
- Daily free Zoo Admission for up to 2 designated adults, 2 guests and 6 children in a household under the age of 18 (plus free parking, discounts on retail and food purchases)
- Free admission to three Wild Society social events per year (cocktail hours, mini-fundraisers, zoo celebrations and quarterly events)
- Exclusive Philadelphia Zoo volunteer opportunities including support of the Zoo’s youth programs and community access program serving children who would not otherwise be able to visit the Zoo
- Admission to Zoo School, an in-depth and behind-the-scenes look at what it takes to run the Zoo
- Opportunities to network with Zoo Staff and Board of Directors
For more information about the Wild Society, please contact [email protected].